AWAZ Foundation Pakistan: Centre for Development Services, a leading Non-Government Organization working for securing the future of marginalized communities in Pakistan. AWAZ is seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced consultant(s) individuals/firm(s) under its Project titled Citizens’ Peace Action Committees (CPACs) to Counter Violent Extremism (CVE). One of the objective of the project is to establish Citizens’ Peace Action Committees (CPACs) and build their capacity on CVE initiatives and National Action Plan (NAP) so as CPAC members can carry out CVE related initiatives in their communities and help us in developing and empowering a diverse network of individuals, organizations, and government leaders that can advocate and implement initiatives to counter violent extremism in Punjab.
- Develop a manual of 4 days TOT on CVE for the training of master trainers so as they can further impart 3 days training to members of Citizen Peace Action Committee Members.
- Conduct 4 days ToT as principal trainer
Consultant will be requested to share the proposed list of contents as well as the draft of the training manual(s) for the four-day training of Master Trainers/Field Coordinators for review and feedback by the AwazCDS/Umeed Jawan/Azm-e-Pakistan teams. Once they are reviewed and any feedback is incorporated, the awardee will share the final version of the manual(s) with the UJ/AeP team. Training contents may include community based counter violence strategies (CBCVE), clauses of National Action Plan (NAP) and strategies on how to inform assist and collaborate with government institutions like police, Musalehat Committees etc.
Expected Results and Timelines
- Training manual for ToT on CVE in ready form in both languages (Urdu and English) by February 10, 2016
- Trained Master Trainers and Field coordinators by February 20,2016
- Action/training plan and manual for conducting training with CPACs members by February 28,2016
Skills and competencies
- 5-8 years’ relevant professional experience of conducting relevant trainings;
- Proven sound experience in developing strategies for effective capacity building, as well as experience of delivering trainings on violent extremism for promoting and understanding to participates;
- Consultant/ Trainer must understand and consistently apply best practice techniques for such activities as starting the session, focusing the group, recording information, and closing of session;
- Consultant/ Trainer know and use multiple techniques for engaging a group, problem solving, decision-making, promoting creativity and raising energy;
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to travel;
- Gender/ SRHR Focused
Training contents should be gender/SRHR sensitive. Facts and figures should clearly define the number of males/females/transgender/others in the beneficiaries when and where needed;
- Assumptions & Risks
It is assumed that the service provider who undertakes these assignments understands the importance of these assignments and will be committed to the work, and is competent to deliver as required. It is further assumed that AwazCDS-Pakistan will fully support the service provider. Risks noted herein include the inability of the service provider to meet the deadlines, unforeseen internal and external structural as well as natural aspects that are beyond the control of both parties.
- Copyright & Ownership
The report and material will remain the property of AwazCDS-Pakistan and it will not be shared with anyone else before submission.
- Official Language of the Document
Official language of the report will be in English as per need.
- Mechanism of the Proposal Submission
Submitting organizations must send the completed documents (and copies of any required supporting documents) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon, January 20th 2016.
Please note that applications received after the above deadline will not be considered.
The submitted information will be analyzed and used to access the robustness of the proposal presented by each firm or organization in addition to the capacity of the submitting organization/firm to carry out the project within the stated budget and time frame. Please note that only selected firm(s)/organization(s) will be contacted.
Kindly note that this Call for EOI is not a contract or a financial obligation by AWAZ to the submitting firm, organization or individual consultant/trainer, AWAZ reserves the right to cancel the entire process without any obligation to inform the proposal submitting firm/organization the reason for its actions.
Any requests for clarification on the application process shall be sent to the email address at email@example.com. Answers to questions/inquiries will be shared with all organizations invited to participate.
All organizations/ Consultant/ Individual firm should include the following attachments:
- Copy of the document(s) (e.g. registration certificate) that prove(s) the registration of training and consulting firm/organization or complete profile/ CV of an individual consultant/ Trainer;
- Proposed budget.