AWAZ Foundation Pakistan: Centre for Development Services, a leading non-government organization working for securing the future of marginalized communities in need of enthusiastic people to add success in its projects who think that difference starts from them. If you are innovative, committed and having right skills to add success, please submit your applications with cover letter against following contract based positions at firstname.lastname@example.org. AWAZCDS-Pakistan is committed to Gender Equality and Diversity and offers attractive salary packages.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the guidance, advice and support of Project Manager, Coordinator Advocacy & Communication will be responsible for the following:-
- Planning and implementing the project in their advocacy strategy and campaigns for Provincial level Government.
- Incumbent will maintain close liaison with relevant governmental departments and will oversee the implementation of the project at provincial level and coordinate closely with Project Manager.
- Responsible for the overall management, planning, monitoring & supervision and reporting of the project level in close coordination with Project Manager and will provide technical support and guidance for implementing program activities on initiating advocacy campaigns at Provincial level.
- Developing research and advocacy reports and material on advocacy related themes and issues at provincial level and provide liaison in accordance with advocacy for program-keeping side by side in-house advocacy research, background research where required, correspondence, meeting with organization field/research staff, partners as well as other stakeholders etc and disseminate the information among staff, stake holders and other contemporary organizations to build synergies and consensus on advocacy related themes and issues.
- To manage Information and data on advocacy related themes and issues.
- Supporting and facilitating the process to form network with various stakeholders such as development sectors donors, NGOs, private sector, research organizations and academic institutions to mobilize their support for sustainable development initiatives.
- Keeping tabs on organization research and use the channels of advocacy to facilitate the process of lobbying for policy making/change.
- Actively participating and representing organization in seminars, conferences, trainings and other relevant interventions.
- Liaise with other information centers for information sharing and development in line with strategic objectives.
- Lead in the documentation of results, lessons and impact from AwazCDS activities.
- Organize and manage AWAZCDS information centre and publications in a very professional way that allow easy and convenient access to staff, AWAZCDS partners and authorized researchers.
- Keep staff informed on the available resource materials especially those that relevant to their work and research.
- Collect, compile and update information needs of the organization
- Facilitate and monitor the design and production of AWAZCDS publications and materials such as research products, best practices, brochures, newsletters, annual reports etc
- Any other job related task as determined by the Supervisor.
- Initiative and direction
- Team work
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum 05 years of experience in related field with following skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally to a wide range of people
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Urdu, other local languages will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to reporting requirements of donors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to produce results within tight deadlines and under pressure situations
- Good team player and Multi-tasker; capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge and previous experience of high level advocacy work
- Excellent computer skills with expertise in Ms Office, Windows and internet.
- Ability to interact effectively in geographically dispersed area of intervention
- Strong analytical, research and presentation skills
- Decision making ability even in complex and sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to coordinate the work of others, work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Demonstrable advocacy skills
- Knowledge of social change management.
- Strong negotiating skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Knowledge of advocacy, current affairs, political dynamics, governance, policy analysis will be add on
General Requirements: Must be good in Urdu and English (speaking, listening, reading and writing skills) and proficient in computer skills. If you are interested please send your CV online on email@example.com by 10th January, 2016. *Please do mention the Job Title in the Subject; otherwise your CV could be missed out. For instance if you are applying for said post, kindly use this format in Subject “Application for Coordinator & Advocacyz”. For job details please visit the given link http://awazcds.org.pk contact at: Ph # +92-61-4585471-73.