Training/Capacity Building Opportunities
Background and Rationale: AWAZ Foundation Pakistan: Centre for Development Services, a leading Non-Government Organization working for securing the future of marginalized communities. Our a project “Women Economic Empowerment through Community Infrastructure Improvement Project is being implemented in four districts (Multan, Muzaffar Garh, Vehari and Rajan pur) of south Punjab. The main focus of project is Economic Empowerment of marginalized and disadvantaged women by establishing their enterprise in their own villages and enhancement of their capacity in businesses management and record keeping. Majority of these women are illiterate. AWAZ is asking for Expressions of Interest from experienced Consultant interested in providing training on Enterprise Development. AWAZ is committed to Gender Equality and Diversity.
Training in several contents will be guided by the following considerations:-
- Basic concepts and types of small Enterprise development for illiterate rural women and they can make their business successful.
- Essential skills and characteristics of Entrepreneur
- Role of assisting agency to support community led enterprises
- Introduction to business cycle management.
- Market assessment with regard to customers’ needs, interest and purchasing power to explore small enterprises.
- Feasibility and business plan development.
- Exploring nontraditional small businesses led by rural women
- Market Linkages component and how women led enterprises are linked with market.
- Engaging local media in promoting small business.
Purpose of Consultancy Training :-
- To deliver TOT on “Enterprise development for illiterate rural women” to project implementation staff by delivering the concept of enterprise development and its improvement for illiterate rural women.
Duration of Training: The Consultant will perform the required duties with a period of up to four (04) days only during the month of March-2014. The work must be carried out and completed within the given timeframe.
The consultant is responsible to the following deliverables: Deliverables (outputs deadlines, submission of a final work plan and revision of the assignment’s terms of Reference including Training Manual with pre and post evaluation sheet.
Language: The trainer must be fluent in Urdu & English.
Interested individuals/firms are requested to send their profiles, expression of interests including cost against said assignment online on email@example.com by March 16, 2014 and also mention the consultancy assignment for which you are applying. For details please visit the given link http://awazcds.org.pk/consultancy-opportunities/ or contact at: Ph # +92-61-4585471-73